Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 5:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 17:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 437.73 meters/second, 1575.8 kilometres/hour, 979.2 miles/hour or 850.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||16.32 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.32 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 41.1"||979.04 mi||West||0° 10' 08.5"||11.62 mi||North||979.39 mi|
|24 hours||13° 32' 19.3"||918.70 mi||East||4° 20' 59.4"||298.94 mi||North||971.81 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Thu 11:30 AM||1817 km||1129 miles||981 nm||NE|
|Easter Island *||Thu 12:30 PM||1903 km||1182 miles||1027 nm||SSW|
|Lima||Thu 12:30 PM||2767 km||1719 miles||1494 nm||E|
|Quito||Thu 12:30 PM||2908 km||1807 miles||1570 nm||ENE|
|San Jose||Thu 11:30 AM||3094 km||1922 miles||1671 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Thu 11:30 AM||3116 km||1936 miles||1682 nm||NNE|
|Managua||Thu 11:30 AM||3138 km||1950 miles||1695 nm||NE|
|Guatemala||Thu 11:30 AM||3140 km||1951 miles||1696 nm||NNE|
|Tegucigalpa||Thu 11:30 AM||3262 km||2027 miles||1761 nm||NNE|
|Adamstown||Thu 9:30 AM||3298 km||2049 miles||1781 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.