Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 7:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 19:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.23 meters/second, 1577.6 km/hour, 980.3 miles/hour or 851.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||16.34 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||North||16.34 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 45.4"||980.16 mi||West||0° 10' 16.6"||11.77 mi||North||980.51 mi|
|24 hours||13° 30' 31.4"||917.63 mi||East||4° 23' 29.0"||301.79 mi||North||971.53 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Thu 11:20 AM||1575 km||979 miles||851 nm||S|
|Papeete||Thu 9:20 AM||2351 km||1461 miles||1269 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Thu 2:20 PM||2720 km||1690 miles||1469 nm||SE|
|Kiritimati||Fri 9:20 AM||3454 km||2146 miles||1865 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 9:20 AM||3493 km||2170 miles||1886 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Thu 8:20 AM||4497 km||2795 miles||2428 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Fri 9:20 AM||4673 km||2903 miles||2523 nm||W|
|Mexico City||Thu 1:20 PM||4676 km||2906 miles||2525 nm||NE|
|Honolulu||Thu 9:20 AM||4768 km||2963 miles||2575 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 8:20 AM||5069 km||3150 miles||2737 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.