Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 7:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 19:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.32 meters/second, 1578.0 km/hour, 980.5 miles/hour or 852.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||16.34 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||North||16.34 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 46.3"||980.36 mi||West||0° 10' 18.2"||11.80 mi||North||980.71 mi|
|24 hours||13° 30' 11.9"||917.44 mi||East||4° 23' 55.4"||302.30 mi||North||971.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Thu 10:10 AM||671 km||417 miles||362 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Thu 11:40 AM||1620 km||1007 miles||875 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Thu 9:40 AM||1868 km||1161 miles||1009 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 9:40 AM||2973 km||1847 miles||1605 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 9:40 AM||3016 km||1874 miles||1628 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Thu 2:40 PM||3120 km||1939 miles||1685 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Thu 8:40 AM||3996 km||2483 miles||2158 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 8:40 AM||4115 km||2557 miles||2222 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 9:40 AM||4154 km||2581 miles||2243 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Thu 9:40 AM||4431 km||2753 miles||2393 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.