Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 9:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 21:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.85 meters/second, 1579.8 km/hour, 981.7 miles/hour or 853.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||16.36 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||North||16.36 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 51.1"||981.54 mi||West||0° 10' 26.5"||11.96 mi||North||981.88 mi|
|24 hours||13° 28' 16.2"||916.27 mi||East||4° 26' 26.5"||305.18 mi||North||971.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fakaofo||Fri 10:38 AM||1012 km||629 miles||546 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 11:38 AM||1121 km||697 miles||605 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 11:38 AM||1213 km||754 miles||655 nm||S|
|Alofi||Thu 10:38 AM||1271 km||790 miles||686 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 11:38 AM||1463 km||909 miles||790 nm||NNE|
|Papeete||Thu 11:38 AM||1557 km||967 miles||840 nm||ESE|
|Nukualofa||Fri 10:38 AM||1835 km||1140 miles||991 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Thu 9:38 AM||1987 km||1235 miles||1073 nm||NW|
|Funafuti||Fri 9:38 AM||2071 km||1287 miles||1118 nm||W|
|Suva||Fri 9:38 AM||2268 km||1409 miles||1225 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.