Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 10:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 22:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.08 meters/second, 1580.7 km/hour, 982.2 miles/hour or 853.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||16.37 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.37 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 53.3"||982.07 mi||West||0° 10' 30.2"||12.03 mi||North||982.42 mi|
|24 hours||13° 27' 23.2"||915.73 mi||East||4° 27' 32.9"||306.44 mi||North||970.90 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Atafu||Fri 11:32 AM||340 km||211 miles||184 nm||NE|
|Mata-Utu||Fri 10:32 AM||351 km||218 miles||189 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 11:32 AM||434 km||269 miles||234 nm||ENE|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Fri 12:32 PM||486 km||302 miles||262 nm||SE|
|Apia *||Fri 12:32 PM||526 km||327 miles||284 nm||SE|
|Pago Pago||Thu 11:32 AM||642 km||399 miles||347 nm||SE|
|Funafuti||Fri 10:32 AM||665 km||413 miles||359 nm||WNW|
|Rawaki||Fri 11:32 AM||873 km||542 miles||471 nm||NNE|
|Labasa||Fri 10:32 AM||907 km||563 miles||490 nm||SW|
|Kanton Island||Fri 11:32 AM||911 km||566 miles||492 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.