Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 11:22:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 23:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.30 meters/second, 1581.5 km/hour, 982.7 miles/hour or 853.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||16.38 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.38 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 55.3"||982.56 mi||West||0° 10' 33.5"||12.10 mi||North||982.90 mi|
|24 hours||346° 33' 25.7"||915.23 mi||West||4° 28' 32.9"||307.58 mi||North||970.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Funafuti||Fri 11:22 AM||712 km||442 miles||384 nm||ENE|
|Luganville||Fri 10:22 AM||860 km||534 miles||464 nm||SW|
|Lautoka||Fri 11:22 AM||955 km||593 miles||516 nm||SSE|
|Nadi||Fri 11:22 AM||971 km||604 miles||524 nm||SSE|
|Port Vila||Fri 10:22 AM||974 km||605 miles||526 nm||SSW|
|Labasa||Fri 11:22 AM||981 km||610 miles||530 nm||SE|
|Tabiteuea||Fri 11:22 AM||1014 km||630 miles||547 nm||NNE|
|Suva||Fri 11:22 AM||1060 km||659 miles||572 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Fri 11:22 AM||1257 km||781 miles||679 nm||NNW|
|Tarawa||Fri 11:22 AM||1283 km||797 miles||693 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.