Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 11:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 23:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.34 meters/second, 1581.6 km/hour, 982.8 miles/hour or 854.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||16.38 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.38 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 55.5"||982.64 mi||West||0° 10' 34.1"||12.11 mi||North||982.98 mi|
|24 hours||346° 33' 33.5"||915.14 mi||West||4° 28' 42.3"||307.76 mi||North||970.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Luganville||Fri 10:30 AM||724 km||450 miles||391 nm||SW|
|Port Vila||Fri 10:30 AM||888 km||552 miles||479 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Fri 11:30 AM||917 km||570 miles||495 nm||E|
|Yaren||Fri 11:30 AM||1156 km||718 miles||624 nm||NNW|
|Suva||Fri 11:30 AM||1190 km||740 miles||643 nm||SE|
|Honiara||Fri 10:30 AM||1216 km||756 miles||657 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Fri 11:30 AM||1299 km||807 miles||702 nm||N|
|Noumea||Fri 10:30 AM||1426 km||886 miles||770 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Thu 11:30 AM||1797 km||1117 miles||970 nm||NE|
|Majuro||Fri 11:30 AM||1908 km||1186 miles||1030 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.