Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 28, 2014 at 12:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 28, 2014 at 00:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.51 meters/second, 1582.2 km/hour, 983.2 miles/hour or 854.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||16.38 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 57.2"||983.03 mi||West||0° 10' 36.7"||12.16 mi||North||983.37 mi|
|24 hours||13° 25' 47.2"||914.74 mi||East||4° 29' 28.8"||308.65 mi||North||970.51 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Fri 11:10 AM||172 km||107 miles||93 nm||WNW|
|Gizo||Fri 11:10 AM||544 km||338 miles||294 nm||WNW|
|Arawa||Fri 10:10 AM||769 km||478 miles||415 nm||WNW|
|Luganville||Fri 11:10 AM||872 km||542 miles||471 nm||SE|
|Port Vila||Fri 11:10 AM||1133 km||704 miles||612 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Fri 12:10 PM||1216 km||755 miles||656 nm||NNE|
|Port Moresby||Fri 10:10 AM||1560 km||969 miles||842 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Fri 12:10 PM||1806 km||1122 miles||975 nm||NE|
|Cairns||Fri 10:10 AM||1853 km||1151 miles||1001 nm||WSW|
|Palikir||Fri 11:10 AM||1910 km||1187 miles||1031 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.