Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, February 28, 2014 at 00:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:16 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:00 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 28, 2014 at 00:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.61 meters/second, 1582.6 km/hour, 983.4 miles/hour or 854.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||16.39 mi||west||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||north||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 58.1"||983.32 mi||west||0° 10' 38.2"||12.18 mi||north||983.66 mi|
|24 hours||13° 25' 24.6"||914.56 mi||east||4° 29' 55.3"||309.18 mi||north||970.48 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gizo||Fri 11:32 AM||235 km||146 miles||127 nm||NNE|
|Arawa||Fri 10:32 AM||416 km||258 miles||224 nm||N|
|Honiara||Fri 11:32 AM||456 km||283 miles||246 nm||E|
|Buka||Fri 10:32 AM||519 km||322 miles||280 nm||NNW|
|Port Moresby||Fri 10:32 AM||951 km||591 miles||513 nm||W|
|Cairns||Fri 10:32 AM||1332 km||828 miles||719 nm||SW|
|Port Vila||Fri 11:32 AM||1598 km||993 miles||863 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Fri 12:32 PM||1611 km||1001 miles||870 nm||NE|
|Jayapura||Fri 9:32 AM||1864 km||1158 miles||1007 nm||WNW|
|Palikir||Fri 11:32 AM||1886 km||1172 miles||1018 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.