Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 28, 2014 at 12:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 28, 2014 at 00:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.64 meters/second, 1582.7 km/hour, 983.4 miles/hour or 854.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||16.39 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 58.5"||983.32 mi||West||0° 10' 38.7"||12.19 mi||North||983.66 mi|
|24 hours||13° 25' 17.9"||914.43 mi||East||4° 30' 03.3"||309.30 mi||North||970.38 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gizo||Fri 11:40 AM||357 km||222 miles||193 nm||NE|
|Arawa||Fri 10:40 AM||440 km||273 miles||237 nm||NNE|
|Buka||Fri 10:40 AM||503 km||313 miles||272 nm||N|
|Honiara||Fri 11:40 AM||637 km||396 miles||344 nm||E|
|Port Moresby||Fri 10:40 AM||769 km||478 miles||415 nm||W|
|Lae||Fri 10:40 AM||869 km||540 miles||469 nm||WNW|
|Cairns||Fri 10:40 AM||1192 km||741 miles||644 nm||SW|
|Jayapura||Fri 9:40 AM||1701 km||1057 miles||918 nm||WNW|
|Port Vila||Fri 11:40 AM||1753 km||1089 miles||946 nm||ESE|
|Yaren||Fri 12:40 PM||1754 km||1090 miles||947 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.