Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 28, 2014 at 12:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 28, 2014 at 00:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 439.68 meters/second, 1582.9 kilometres/hour, 983.5 miles/hour or 854.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||16.39 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 58.8"||983.41 mi||West||0° 10' 39.3"||12.20 mi||North||983.75 mi|
|24 hours||13° 25' 08.0"||914.33 mi||East||4° 30' 14.5"||309.52 mi||North||970.34 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Moresby||Fri 10:50 AM||506 km||314 miles||273 nm||W|
|Arawa||Fri 10:50 AM||585 km||363 miles||316 nm||NE|
|Buka||Fri 10:50 AM||591 km||367 miles||319 nm||NNE|
|Gizo||Fri 11:50 AM||593 km||368 miles||320 nm||ENE|
|Lae||Fri 10:50 AM||635 km||394 miles||343 nm||WNW|
|Rabaul||Fri 10:50 AM||635 km||394 miles||343 nm||N|
|Honiara||Fri 11:50 AM||900 km||559 miles||486 nm||E|
|Mount Hagen||Fri 10:50 AM||946 km||588 miles||511 nm||WNW|
|Cairns||Fri 10:50 AM||1010 km||628 miles||545 nm||SW|
|Jayapura||Fri 9:50 AM||1472 km||914 miles||795 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.