Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 28, 2014 at 1:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 28, 2014 at 01:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.77 meters/second, 1583.2 km/hour, 983.7 miles/hour or 854.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||16.39 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.40 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 59.6"||983.61 mi||West||0° 10' 40.5"||12.23 mi||North||983.95 mi|
|24 hours||13° 24' 48.4"||914.12 mi||East||4° 30' 37.0"||309.95 mi||North||970.25 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Moresby||Fri 11:10 AM||52 km||32 miles||28 nm||NNE|
|Lae||Fri 11:10 AM||347 km||215 miles||187 nm||N|
|Mount Hagen||Fri 11:10 AM||536 km||333 miles||289 nm||NW|
|Cairns||Fri 11:10 AM||791 km||491 miles||427 nm||S|
|Jayapura||Fri 10:10 AM||1066 km||662 miles||575 nm||NW|
|Honiara||Fri 12:10 PM||1427 km||887 miles||770 nm||E|
|Manokwari||Fri 10:10 AM||1741 km||1082 miles||940 nm||NW|
|Darwin||Fri 10:40 AM||1784 km||1108 miles||963 nm||W|
|Brisbane||Fri 11:10 AM||2050 km||1274 miles||1107 nm||SSE|
|Alice Springs||Fri 10:40 AM||2068 km||1285 miles||1116 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.