Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 28, 2014 at 1:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 28, 2014 at 01:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.81 meters/second, 1583.3 km/hour, 983.8 miles/hour or 854.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||16.40 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||North||16.40 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 00.0"||983.70 mi||West||0° 10' 41.2"||12.24 mi||North||984.04 mi|
|24 hours||13° 24' 38.7"||914.02 mi||East||4° 30' 48.1"||310.16 mi||North||970.20 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Moresby||Fri 11:20 AM||292 km||181 miles||158 nm||E|
|Lae||Fri 11:20 AM||435 km||271 miles||235 nm||NE|
|Mount Hagen||Fri 11:20 AM||442 km||274 miles||238 nm||N|
|Cairns||Fri 11:20 AM||795 km||494 miles||429 nm||S|
|Jayapura||Fri 10:20 AM||913 km||567 miles||493 nm||NNW|
|Darwin||Fri 10:50 AM||1526 km||948 miles||824 nm||WSW|
|Manokwari||Fri 10:20 AM||1528 km||949 miles||825 nm||NW|
|Honiara||Fri 12:20 PM||1691 km||1050 miles||913 nm||E|
|Alice Springs||Fri 10:50 AM||1908 km||1185 miles||1030 nm||SW|
|Dili||Fri 10:20 AM||2090 km||1299 miles||1129 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.