Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, February 28, 2014 at 01:40:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:16 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:00 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 28, 2014 at 01:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.90 meters/second, 1583.6 km/hour, 984.0 miles/hour or 855.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||16.40 mi||west||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||north||16.40 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 00.9"||983.90 mi||west||0° 10' 42.6"||12.27 mi||north||984.24 mi|
|24 hours||13° 24' 18.1"||913.80 mi||east||4° 31' 11.4"||310.60 mi||north||970.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mount Hagen||Fri 11:40 AM||680 km||423 miles||367 nm||NE|
|Jayapura||Fri 10:40 AM||812 km||504 miles||438 nm||N|
|Port Moresby||Fri 11:40 AM||847 km||526 miles||457 nm||E|
|Lae||Fri 11:40 AM||893 km||555 miles||482 nm||ENE|
|Darwin||Fri 11:10 AM||989 km||614 miles||534 nm||WSW|
|Cairns||Fri 11:40 AM||1044 km||649 miles||564 nm||SE|
|Manokwari||Fri 10:40 AM||1153 km||717 miles||623 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Fri 10:40 AM||1533 km||953 miles||828 nm||W|
|Alice Springs||Fri 11:10 AM||1652 km||1027 miles||892 nm||SSW|
|Melekeok||Fri 10:40 AM||1985 km||1233 miles||1072 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.