Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 28, 2014 at 1:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 28, 2014 at 01:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.90 meters/second, 1583.6 km/hour, 984.0 miles/hour or 855.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||16.40 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||North||16.40 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 00.8"||983.89 mi||West||0° 10' 42.5"||12.27 mi||North||984.23 mi|
|24 hours||13° 24' 19.1"||913.81 mi||East||4° 31' 10.2"||310.58 mi||North||970.11 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mount Hagen||Fri 11:40 AM||658 km||409 miles||355 nm||NE|
|Jayapura||Fri 10:40 AM||808 km||502 miles||436 nm||N|
|Port Moresby||Fri 11:40 AM||818 km||508 miles||441 nm||E|
|Lae||Fri 11:40 AM||866 km||538 miles||468 nm||ENE|
|Darwin||Fri 11:10 AM||1017 km||632 miles||549 nm||WSW|
|Cairns||Fri 11:40 AM||1025 km||637 miles||553 nm||SE|
|Manokwari||Fri 10:40 AM||1169 km||727 miles||631 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Fri 10:40 AM||1563 km||971 miles||844 nm||W|
|Alice Springs||Fri 11:10 AM||1662 km||1033 miles||897 nm||SSW|
|Melekeok||Fri 10:40 AM||1993 km||1239 miles||1076 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.