Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 28, 2014 at 1:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 28, 2014 at 01:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 439.94 meters/second, 1583.8 kilometres/hour, 984.1 miles/hour or 855.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||16.40 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||North||16.40 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 01.3"||983.99 mi||West||0° 10' 43.1"||12.28 mi||North||984.33 mi|
|24 hours||13° 24' 09.5"||913.71 mi||East||4° 31' 21.3"||310.79 mi||North||970.06 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Darwin||Fri 11:20 AM||771 km||479 miles||416 nm||WSW|
|Mount Hagen||Fri 11:50 AM||873 km||543 miles||471 nm||ENE|
|Jayapura||Fri 10:50 AM||880 km||547 miles||475 nm||NNE|
|Manokwari||Fri 10:50 AM||1047 km||651 miles||565 nm||NNW|
|Port Moresby||Fri 11:50 AM||1081 km||672 miles||584 nm||E|
|Cairns||Fri 11:50 AM||1210 km||752 miles||653 nm||SE|
|Dili||Fri 10:50 AM||1299 km||807 miles||702 nm||W|
|Alice Springs||Fri 11:20 AM||1587 km||986 miles||857 nm||SSW|
|Manado||Fri 9:50 AM||1862 km||1157 miles||1005 nm||NW|
|Melekeok||Fri 10:50 AM||1931 km||1200 miles||1043 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.