Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 28, 2014 at 2:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 28, 2014 at 02:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 440.07 meters/second, 1584.2 kilometres/hour, 984.4 miles/hour or 855.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||16.41 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||North||16.41 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 02.6"||984.27 mi||West||0° 10' 45.0"||12.31 mi||North||984.61 mi|
|24 hours||13° 23' 40.2"||913.40 mi||East||4° 31' 53.8"||311.41 mi||North||969.92 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Darwin||Fri 11:50 AM||320 km||199 miles||173 nm||SSE|
|Baucau||Fri 11:20 AM||425 km||264 miles||229 nm||WNW|
|Same||Fri 11:20 AM||497 km||309 miles||268 nm||W|
|Dili||Fri 11:20 AM||514 km||320 miles||278 nm||WNW|
|Suai||Fri 11:20 AM||536 km||333 miles||289 nm||W|
|Ambon||Fri 11:20 AM||694 km||431 miles||375 nm||NNW|
|Kupang||Fri 10:20 AM||719 km||447 miles||388 nm||W|
|Ende||Fri 10:20 AM||936 km||581 miles||505 nm||W|
|Kendari||Fri 10:20 AM||1049 km||652 miles||566 nm||NW|
|Manokwari||Fri 11:20 AM||1066 km||662 miles||576 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.