Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, February 28, 2014 at 02:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 28, 2014 at 02:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.07 meters/second, 1584.2 km/hour, 984.4 miles/hour or 855.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||16.41 mi||west||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||north||16.41 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 02.6"||984.27 mi||west||0° 10' 45.0"||12.31 mi||north||984.61 mi|
|24 hours||13° 23' 40.2"||913.40 mi||east||4° 31' 53.8"||311.41 mi||north||969.92 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Darwin||Fri 11:50 AM||320 km||199 miles||173 nm||SSE|
|Baucau||Fri 11:20 AM||425 km||264 miles||229 nm||WNW|
|Same||Fri 11:20 AM||497 km||309 miles||268 nm||W|
|Dili||Fri 11:20 AM||514 km||320 miles||278 nm||WNW|
|Suai||Fri 11:20 AM||536 km||333 miles||289 nm||W|
|Ambon||Fri 11:20 AM||694 km||431 miles||375 nm||NNW|
|Kupang||Fri 10:20 AM||719 km||447 miles||388 nm||W|
|Ende||Fri 10:20 AM||933 km||580 miles||504 nm||W|
|Kendari||Fri 10:20 AM||1049 km||652 miles||566 nm||NW|
|Manokwari||Fri 11:20 AM||1066 km||662 miles||576 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.