Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, February 28, 2014 at 02:30:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:16 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:00 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 28, 2014 at 02:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.11 meters/second, 1584.4 km/hour, 984.5 miles/hour or 855.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||16.41 mi||west||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||north||16.41 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 02.9"||984.45 mi||west||0° 10' 45.7"||12.33 mi||north||984.78 mi|
|24 hours||13° 23' 29.4"||913.34 mi||east||4° 32' 05.7"||311.66 mi||north||969.93 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baucau||Fri 11:30 AM||169 km||105 miles||91 nm||NW|
|Same||Fri 11:30 AM||209 km||130 miles||113 nm||WNW|
|Dili||Fri 11:30 AM||237 km||147 miles||128 nm||WNW|
|Suai||Fri 11:30 AM||243 km||151 miles||131 nm||W|
|Kupang||Fri 10:30 AM||428 km||266 miles||231 nm||W|
|Darwin||Fri 12:00 Noon||486 km||302 miles||262 nm||SE|
|Ende||Fri 10:30 AM||641 km||398 miles||346 nm||W|
|Ambon||Fri 11:30 AM||661 km||411 miles||357 nm||N|
|Kendari||Fri 10:30 AM||829 km||515 miles||447 nm||NW|
|Raba||Fri 10:30 AM||965 km||600 miles||521 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.