Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 28, 2014 at 4:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 28, 2014 at 04:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.61 meters/second, 1586.2 km/hour, 985.6 miles/hour or 856.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||16.43 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||North||16.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 07.9"||985.49 mi||West||0° 10' 52.9"||12.46 mi||North||985.82 mi|
|24 hours||13° 21' 33.7"||912.03 mi||East||4° 34' 08.3"||313.97 mi||North||969.24 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bantam||Fri 11:00 AM||381 km||236 miles||205 nm||SW|
|Bengkulu||Fri 11:30 AM||714 km||444 miles||385 nm||NNE|
|The Settlement||Fri 11:30 AM||759 km||472 miles||410 nm||E|
|Bogor||Fri 11:30 AM||925 km||575 miles||499 nm||ENE|
|Jakarta||Fri 11:30 AM||944 km||587 miles||510 nm||ENE|
|Palembang||Fri 11:30 AM||954 km||593 miles||515 nm||NE|
|Bekasi||Fri 11:30 AM||959 km||596 miles||518 nm||ENE|
|Jambi||Fri 11:30 AM||999 km||621 miles||540 nm||NNE|
|Bandung||Fri 11:30 AM||1000 km||621 miles||540 nm||ENE|
|Singapore||Fri 12:30 PM||1292 km||803 miles||698 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.