Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, February 28, 2014 at 12:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:16 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:00 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 28, 2014 at 12:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.44 meters/second, 1592.8 km/hour, 989.7 miles/hour or 860.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||16.49 mi||west||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||north||16.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 27.2"||989.61 mi||west||0° 11' 17.8"||12.94 mi||north||989.91 mi|
|24 hours||13° 14' 02.6"||906.91 mi||east||4° 40' 49.9"||321.62 mi||north||966.08 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Georgetown (Ascension Island) (St. Helena)||Fri 12:20 PM||17 km||10 miles||9 nm||SE|
|Jamestown||Fri 12:20 PM||1312 km||815 miles||708 nm||SE|
|Monrovia||Fri 12:20 PM||1617 km||1005 miles||873 nm||NNE|
|Freetown||Fri 12:20 PM||1809 km||1124 miles||977 nm||N|
|Abidjan||Fri 12:20 PM||1863 km||1158 miles||1006 nm||NE|
|Yamoussoukro||Fri 12:20 PM||1917 km||1191 miles||1035 nm||NNE|
|Conakry||Fri 12:20 PM||1919 km||1192 miles||1036 nm||N|
|Accra||Fri 12:20 PM||2170 km||1349 miles||1172 nm||NE|
|Bissau||Fri 12:20 PM||2180 km||1354 miles||1177 nm||N|
|Recife||Fri 9:20 AM||2245 km||1395 miles||1212 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.