Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 28, 2014 at 12:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 28, 2014 at 12:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 442.47 meters/second, 1592.9 kilometres/hour, 989.8 miles/hour or 860.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||16.50 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||North||16.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 27.7"||989.68 mi||West||0° 11' 18.3"||12.95 mi||North||989.98 mi|
|24 hours||13° 13' 54.3"||906.81 mi||East||4° 40' 56.2"||321.74 mi||North||966.01 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Georgetown (Ascension Island)||Fri 12:30 PM||248 km||154 miles||134 nm||E|
|Jamestown||Fri 12:30 PM||1492 km||927 miles||806 nm||SE|
|Monrovia||Fri 12:30 PM||1690 km||1050 miles||913 nm||NNE|
|Freetown||Fri 12:30 PM||1840 km||1143 miles||994 nm||NNE|
|Conakry||Fri 12:30 PM||1941 km||1206 miles||1048 nm||N|
|Recife||Fri 9:30 AM||2012 km||1250 miles||1086 nm||W|
|Abidjan||Fri 12:30 PM||2018 km||1254 miles||1090 nm||NE|
|Yamoussoukro||Fri 12:30 PM||2051 km||1274 miles||1107 nm||NE|
|Bissau||Fri 12:30 PM||2177 km||1353 miles||1175 nm||N|
|Accra||Fri 12:30 PM||2348 km||1459 miles||1268 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.