Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 28, 2014 at 12:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 28, 2014 at 12:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.51 meters/second, 1593.0 km/hour, 989.9 miles/hour or 860.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||16.50 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||North||16.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 28.0"||989.76 mi||West||0° 11' 18.7"||12.96 mi||North||990.07 mi|
|24 hours||13° 13' 44.9"||906.70 mi||East||4° 41' 03.1"||321.87 mi||North||965.93 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Fri 12:40 PM||1710 km||1063 miles||923 nm||ESE|
|Recife||Fri 9:40 AM||1746 km||1085 miles||943 nm||W|
|Monrovia||Fri 12:40 PM||1807 km||1123 miles||976 nm||NNE|
|Freetown||Fri 12:40 PM||1910 km||1187 miles||1031 nm||NNE|
|Conakry||Fri 12:40 PM||2000 km||1243 miles||1080 nm||NNE|
|Fortaleza||Fri 9:40 AM||2201 km||1367 miles||1188 nm||W|
|Salvador||Fri 9:40 AM||2203 km||1369 miles||1189 nm||WSW|
|Bissau||Fri 12:40 PM||2204 km||1369 miles||1190 nm||N|
|Abidjan||Fri 12:40 PM||2210 km||1373 miles||1193 nm||NE|
|Yamoussoukro||Fri 12:40 PM||2223 km||1381 miles||1200 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.