Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 28, 2014 at 11:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 28, 2014 at 23:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.62 meters/second, 1600.6 km/hour, 994.6 miles/hour or 864.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||16.58 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 54.3"||994.50 mi||West||0° 11' 43.6"||13.43 mi||North||994.76 mi|
|24 hours||13° 03' 53.6"||899.27 mi||East||4° 46' 28.8"||328.07 mi||North||959.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Atafu||Sat 12:30 PM||460 km||286 miles||248 nm||SE|
|Kanton Island||Sat 12:30 PM||534 km||332 miles||288 nm||NE|
|Rawaki||Sat 12:30 PM||578 km||359 miles||312 nm||ENE|
|Fakaofo||Sat 12:30 PM||629 km||391 miles||339 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Fri 11:30 AM||658 km||409 miles||355 nm||N|
|Funafuti||Sat 11:30 AM||660 km||410 miles||356 nm||WSW|
|Howland Island||Fri 11:30 AM||728 km||452 miles||393 nm||N|
|Mata-Utu||Sat 11:30 AM||845 km||525 miles||456 nm||S|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Sat 1:30 PM||962 km||598 miles||520 nm||SSE|
|Apia *||Sat 1:30 PM||992 km||616 miles||535 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.