Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 12:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 00:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 444.74 meters/second, 1601.0 kilometres/hour, 994.8 miles/hour or 864.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||16.58 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 55.8"||994.75 mi||West||0° 11' 44.8"||13.45 mi||North||995.01 mi|
|24 hours||346° 56' 41.4"||898.81 mi||West||4° 46' 40.6"||328.30 mi||North||959.32 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tabiteuea||Sat 12:10 PM||482 km||299 miles||260 nm||N|
|Funafuti||Sat 12:10 PM||584 km||363 miles||315 nm||SE|
|Tarawa||Sat 12:10 PM||797 km||495 miles||430 nm||NNW|
|Yaren||Sat 12:10 PM||1038 km||645 miles||561 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Fri 12:10 PM||1157 km||719 miles||625 nm||ENE|
|Suva||Sat 12:10 PM||1446 km||898 miles||781 nm||SSE|
|Majuro||Sat 12:10 PM||1450 km||901 miles||783 nm||NNW|
|Port Vila||Sat 11:10 AM||1523 km||946 miles||822 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 1:10 PM||1599 km||993 miles||863 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Sat 11:10 AM||1696 km||1054 miles||916 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.