Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 00:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 00:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.76 meters/second, 1601.1 km/hour, 994.9 miles/hour or 864.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||16.58 mi||west||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||north||16.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 56.3"||994.82 mi||west||0° 11' 45.1"||13.46 mi||north||995.07 mi|
|24 hours||346° 56' 50.0"||898.69 mi||west||4° 46' 43.4"||328.35 mi||north||959.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tarawa||Sat 12:20 PM||770 km||478 miles||416 nm||N|
|Funafuti||Sat 12:20 PM||821 km||510 miles||443 nm||ESE|
|Yaren||Sat 12:20 PM||823 km||512 miles||445 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Fri 12:20 PM||1387 km||862 miles||749 nm||ENE|
|Majuro||Sat 12:20 PM||1408 km||875 miles||760 nm||N|
|Port Vila||Sat 11:20 AM||1423 km||884 miles||768 nm||SSW|
|Honiara||Sat 11:20 AM||1442 km||896 miles||778 nm||WSW|
|Suva||Sat 12:20 PM||1541 km||957 miles||832 nm||SSE|
|Fakaofo||Sat 1:20 PM||1854 km||1152 miles||1001 nm||ESE|
|Apia *||Sat 2:20 PM||1962 km||1219 miles||1060 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.