Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 12:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 00:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.79 meters/second, 1601.2 km/hour, 995.0 miles/hour or 864.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||16.58 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 56.7"||994.88 mi||West||0° 11' 45.4"||13.46 mi||North||995.13 mi|
|24 hours||346° 56' 58.7"||898.57 mi||West||4° 46' 46.1"||328.40 mi||North||959.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yaren||Sat 12:30 PM||645 km||401 miles||348 nm||NNW|
|Tarawa||Sat 12:30 PM||833 km||518 miles||450 nm||NNE|
|Funafuti||Sat 12:30 PM||1069 km||664 miles||577 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Sat 11:30 AM||1192 km||741 miles||644 nm||WSW|
|Port Vila||Sat 11:30 AM||1368 km||850 miles||739 nm||S|
|Majuro||Sat 12:30 PM||1399 km||870 miles||756 nm||N|
|Baker Island||Fri 12:30 PM||1628 km||1012 miles||879 nm||ENE|
|Suva||Sat 12:30 PM||1672 km||1039 miles||903 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Sat 11:30 AM||1901 km||1181 miles||1027 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 1:30 PM||2117 km||1316 miles||1143 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.