Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 12:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 00:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 444.85 meters/second, 1601.4 kilometres/hour, 995.1 miles/hour or 864.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||16.58 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.22 mi||North||16.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 57.5"||995.00 mi||West||0° 11' 46.0"||13.47 mi||North||995.25 mi|
|24 hours||13° 02' 43.9"||898.34 mi||East||4° 46' 51.4"||328.50 mi||North||958.87 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yaren||Sat 12:50 PM||573 km||356 miles||309 nm||NNE|
|Honiara||Sat 11:50 AM||728 km||453 miles||393 nm||SW|
|Gizo||Sat 11:50 AM||969 km||602 miles||523 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Sat 12:50 PM||1151 km||715 miles||622 nm||NE|
|Port Vila||Sat 11:50 AM||1404 km||873 miles||758 nm||SSE|
|Majuro||Sat 12:50 PM||1545 km||960 miles||834 nm||NNE|
|Palikir||Sat 11:50 AM||1573 km||977 miles||849 nm||NNW|
|Funafuti||Sat 12:50 PM||1585 km||985 miles||856 nm||ESE|
|Suva||Sat 12:50 PM||2012 km||1250 miles||1086 nm||SE|
|Port Moresby||Sat 10:50 AM||2036 km||1265 miles||1100 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.