Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 1:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 01:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.93 meters/second, 1601.7 km/hour, 995.3 miles/hour or 864.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.0"||16.59 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.22 mi||North||16.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 58.6"||995.18 mi||West||0° 11' 46.8"||13.49 mi||North||995.43 mi|
|24 hours||13° 02' 18.0"||897.99 mi||East||4° 46' 58.9"||328.64 mi||North||958.53 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Arawa||Sat 11:20 AM||284 km||177 miles||153 nm||WSW|
|Gizo||Sat 12:20 PM||332 km||206 miles||179 nm||SSW|
|Buka||Sat 11:20 AM||366 km||227 miles||197 nm||W|
|Honiara||Sat 12:20 PM||504 km||313 miles||272 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Sat 1:20 PM||1127 km||700 miles||608 nm||ENE|
|Port Moresby||Sat 11:20 AM||1274 km||792 miles||688 nm||WSW|
|Palikir||Sat 12:20 PM||1354 km||842 miles||731 nm||N|
|Port Vila||Sat 12:20 PM||1776 km||1104 miles||959 nm||SE|
|Tarawa||Sat 1:20 PM||1830 km||1137 miles||988 nm||ENE|
|Cairns||Sat 11:20 AM||1847 km||1148 miles||997 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.