Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 2:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 02:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.11 meters/second, 1602.4 km/hour, 995.7 miles/hour or 865.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.0"||16.59 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.23 mi||North||16.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 01.3"||995.60 mi||West||0° 11' 48.6"||13.53 mi||North||995.84 mi|
|24 hours||13° 01' 17.9"||897.16 mi||East||4° 47' 14.5"||328.94 mi||North||957.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jayapura||Sat 11:30 AM||286 km||178 miles||155 nm||N|
|Mount Hagen||Sat 12:30 PM||356 km||221 miles||192 nm||ESE|
|Lae||Sat 12:30 PM||675 km||420 miles||365 nm||ESE|
|Port Moresby||Sat 12:30 PM||826 km||513 miles||446 nm||SE|
|Manokwari||Sat 11:30 AM||912 km||567 miles||493 nm||WNW|
|Darwin||Sat 12:00 Noon||1392 km||865 miles||752 nm||SW|
|Cairns||Sat 12:30 PM||1404 km||872 miles||758 nm||SSE|
|Melekeok||Sat 11:30 AM||1568 km||974 miles||847 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Sat 11:30 AM||1759 km||1093 miles||950 nm||WSW|
|Manado||Sat 10:30 AM||1950 km||1212 miles||1053 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.