Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 11:30:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:00 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, March 8, 2014 at 1:27 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 11:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.30 meters/second, 1606.7 km/hour, 998.4 miles/hour or 867.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||16.64 mi||west||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||north||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 21.8"||998.27 mi||west||0° 11' 58.7"||13.72 mi||north||998.46 mi|
|24 hours||12° 53' 54.6"||890.71 mi||east||4° 47' 37.8"||329.38 mi||north||950.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pointe-Noire||Sat 12:30 PM||204 km||127 miles||110 nm||SE|
|Dolisie||Sat 12:30 PM||235 km||146 miles||127 nm||ESE|
|Cabinda||Sat 12:30 PM||295 km||183 miles||159 nm||SSE|
|Port-Gentil||Sat 12:30 PM||360 km||224 miles||194 nm||NW|
|Franceville||Sat 12:30 PM||364 km||226 miles||197 nm||ENE|
|Libreville||Sat 12:30 PM||434 km||270 miles||234 nm||NNW|
|Brazzaville||Sat 12:30 PM||513 km||319 miles||277 nm||ESE|
|Kinshasa||Sat 12:30 PM||517 km||321 miles||279 nm||ESE|
|Bata||Sat 12:30 PM||583 km||362 miles||315 nm||N|
|São Tomé||Sat 11:30 AM||603 km||375 miles||326 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.