Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 18:30:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, March 8, 2014 at 1:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 18:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.93 meters/second, 1608.9 km/hour, 999.7 miles/hour or 868.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.66 mi||west||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||north||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 36.7"||999.67 mi||west||0° 12' 01.4"||13.77 mi||north||999.82 mi|
|24 hours||12° 48' 39.1"||885.65 mi||east||4° 46' 02.3"||327.55 mi||north||944.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Sat 12:30 PM||129 km||80 miles||69 nm||NNE|
|Guayaquil||Sat 1:30 PM||1143 km||710 miles||617 nm||E|
|Quito||Sat 1:30 PM||1312 km||815 miles||709 nm||E|
|San Jose||Sat 12:30 PM||1474 km||916 miles||796 nm||NNE|
|Managua||Sat 12:30 PM||1614 km||1003 miles||871 nm||NNE|
|Cali||Sat 1:30 PM||1631 km||1013 miles||881 nm||ENE|
|Panama||Sat 1:30 PM||1688 km||1049 miles||912 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Sat 12:30 PM||1730 km||1075 miles||934 nm||N|
|Santa Ana||Sat 12:30 PM||1760 km||1094 miles||950 nm||N|
|Tegucigalpa||Sat 12:30 PM||1798 km||1117 miles||971 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.