Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, March 8, 2014 at 1:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 20:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.02 meters/second, 1609.3 km/hour, 1000.0 miles/hour or 868.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.66 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||North||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 39.7"||999.89 mi||West||0° 12' 01.5"||13.77 mi||North||1000.03 mi|
|24 hours||12° 47' 34.7"||884.55 mi||East||4° 45' 29.4"||326.92 mi||North||943.05 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Acapulco||Sat 2:00 PM||2430 km||1510 miles||1312 nm||NNE|
|Galapagos Islands||Sat 2:00 PM||2479 km||1540 miles||1338 nm||E|
|Guadalajara||Sat 2:00 PM||2633 km||1636 miles||1422 nm||NNE|
|Mexico City||Sat 2:00 PM||2711 km||1685 miles||1464 nm||NNE|
|Easter Island *||Sat 3:00 PM||2832 km||1760 miles||1529 nm||S|
|Guatemala||Sat 2:00 PM||2957 km||1837 miles||1597 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Sat 2:00 PM||3021 km||1877 miles||1631 nm||NE|
|Managua||Sat 2:00 PM||3214 km||1997 miles||1735 nm||ENE|
|Tegucigalpa||Sat 2:00 PM||3227 km||2005 miles||1743 nm||ENE|
|Adamstown||Sat 12:00 Noon||3252 km||2021 miles||1756 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.