Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 20:00:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:00 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, March 8, 2014 at 1:27 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 20:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.02 meters/second, 1609.3 km/hour, 1000.0 miles/hour or 868.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.67 mi||west||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||north||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 39.7"||999.96 mi||west||0° 12' 01.5"||13.77 mi||north||1000.10 mi|
|24 hours||12° 47' 33.9"||884.60 mi||east||4° 45' 28.8"||326.94 mi||north||943.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Acapulco||Sat 2:00 PM||2442 km||1517 miles||1318 nm||NNE|
|Galapagos Islands||Sat 2:00 PM||2509 km||1559 miles||1355 nm||E|
|Guadalajara||Sat 2:00 PM||2643 km||1643 miles||1427 nm||NNE|
|Mexico City||Sat 2:00 PM||2726 km||1694 miles||1472 nm||NNE|
|Easter Island *||Sat 3:00 PM||2835 km||1762 miles||1531 nm||S|
|Guatemala||Sat 2:00 PM||2981 km||1852 miles||1609 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Sat 2:00 PM||3045 km||1892 miles||1644 nm||NE|
|Adamstown||Sat 12:00 Noon||3235 km||2010 miles||1747 nm||SW|
|Managua||Sat 2:00 PM||3240 km||2013 miles||1749 nm||ENE|
|Tegucigalpa||Sat 2:00 PM||3249 km||2019 miles||1754 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.