Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, March 2, 2014 at 12:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, March 8, 2014 at 1:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, March 2, 2014 at 00:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 447.24 meters/second, 1610.1 kilometres/hour, 1000.5 miles/hour or 869.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.7"||16.67 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||North||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 48.5"||1000.37 mi||West||0° 12' 00.5"||13.75 mi||North||1000.49 mi|
|24 hours||12° 44' 28.7"||881.26 mi||East||4° 43' 24.7"||324.55 mi||North||938.61 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Sat 12:30 PM||112 km||70 miles||61 nm||NNE|
|Howland Island||Sat 12:30 PM||171 km||107 miles||93 nm||NNE|
|Kanton Island||Sun 1:30 PM||630 km||392 miles||340 nm||ESE|
|Rawaki||Sun 1:30 PM||769 km||478 miles||415 nm||ESE|
|Tabiteuea||Sun 12:30 PM||927 km||576 miles||500 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Sun 12:30 PM||964 km||599 miles||521 nm||SSW|
|Atafu||Sun 1:30 PM||995 km||619 miles||537 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Sun 12:30 PM||1144 km||711 miles||618 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 1:30 PM||1149 km||714 miles||620 nm||SSE|
|Majuro||Sun 12:30 PM||1558 km||968 miles||841 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.