Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, March 2, 2014 at 1:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, March 8, 2014 at 1:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, March 2, 2014 at 01:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.27 meters/second, 1610.2 km/hour, 1000.5 miles/hour or 869.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.7"||16.67 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||North||16.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 50.5"||1000.45 mi||West||0° 12' 00.0"||13.74 mi||North||1000.56 mi|
|24 hours||347° 16' 11.2"||880.52 mi||West||4° 42' 51.9"||323.92 mi||North||937.59 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yaren||Sun 1:30 PM||186 km||116 miles||101 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Sun 1:30 PM||535 km||332 miles||289 nm||ENE|
|Tabiteuea||Sun 1:30 PM||689 km||428 miles||372 nm||E|
|Majuro||Sun 1:30 PM||896 km||556 miles||484 nm||NNE|
|Honiara||Sun 12:30 PM||1375 km||854 miles||742 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Sun 12:30 PM||1420 km||883 miles||767 nm||NW|
|Funafuti||Sun 1:30 PM||1472 km||915 miles||795 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Sat 1:30 PM||1663 km||1034 miles||898 nm||E|
|Port Vila||Sun 12:30 PM||1906 km||1185 miles||1029 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Sun 1:30 PM||2200 km||1367 miles||1188 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.