Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, March 2, 2014 at 12:30:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, March 8, 2014 at 1:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, March 2, 2014 at 12:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.27 meters/second, 1610.2 km/hour, 1000.5 miles/hour or 869.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.67 mi||west||0° 00' 11.7"||0.23 mi||north||16.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 10.2"||1000.44 mi||west||0° 11' 49.7"||13.55 mi||north||1000.48 mi|
|24 hours||12° 37' 05.3"||872.43 mi||east||4° 34' 52.5"||314.79 mi||north||925.65 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bata||Sun 1:30 PM||39 km||24 miles||21 nm||ENE|
|Evinayong||Sun 1:30 PM||124 km||77 miles||67 nm||ESE|
|Libreville||Sun 1:30 PM||142 km||88 miles||77 nm||S|
|Aconibe||Sun 1:30 PM||170 km||106 miles||92 nm||ESE|
|Mongomo||Sun 1:30 PM||206 km||128 miles||111 nm||E|
|Ebebiyín||Sun 1:30 PM||214 km||133 miles||116 nm||ENE|
|Luba||Sun 1:30 PM||221 km||137 miles||119 nm||NNW|
|Santo António (Príncipe)||Sun 12:30 PM||227 km||141 miles||123 nm||W|
|Malabo||Sun 1:30 PM||241 km||149 miles||130 nm||NNW|
|Douala||Sun 1:30 PM||262 km||163 miles||142 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.