Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, March 2, 2014 at 6:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, March 8, 2014 at 1:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, March 2, 2014 at 18:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.98 meters/second, 1609.1 km/hour, 999.9 miles/hour or 868.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.2"||16.66 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 20.1"||999.77 mi||West||0° 11' 39.6"||13.35 mi||North||999.78 mi|
|24 hours||12° 33' 44.5"||867.84 mi||East||4° 28' 50.4"||307.88 mi||North||918.38 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Esmeraldas||Sun 1:44 PM||245 km||152 miles||132 nm||SSE|
|Santo Domingo (Ecuador)||Sun 1:44 PM||390 km||242 miles||211 nm||SSE|
|Quito||Sun 1:44 PM||427 km||265 miles||230 nm||SE|
|Portoviejo||Sun 1:44 PM||439 km||272 miles||237 nm||S|
|Cali||Sun 1:44 PM||474 km||295 miles||256 nm||E|
|Ambato||Sun 1:44 PM||516 km||321 miles||279 nm||SSE|
|Guayaquil||Sun 1:44 PM||574 km||356 miles||310 nm||S|
|Santiago de Veraguas||Sun 1:44 PM||575 km||357 miles||311 nm||N|
|Florencia||Sun 1:44 PM||588 km||366 miles||318 nm||ESE|
|Pereira||Sun 1:44 PM||599 km||372 miles||323 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.