Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at 03:40:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 18%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, March 8, 2014 at 1:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at 03:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.26 meters/second, 1574.1 km/hour, 978.1 miles/hour or 850.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.3"||16.30 mi||west||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||north||16.30 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 16.7"||977.95 mi||west||0° 08' 18.0"||9.51 mi||north||977.74 mi|
|24 hours||347° 45' 32.7"||826.30 mi||west||2° 55' 57.3"||201.61 mi||north||845.59 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Wed 3:40 PM||723 km||449 miles||390 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Wed 3:40 PM||1142 km||710 miles||617 nm||NW|
|Tarawa||Wed 3:40 PM||1255 km||780 miles||678 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Tue 3:40 PM||1678 km||1043 miles||906 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Wed 3:40 PM||1696 km||1054 miles||916 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Tue 4:40 PM||1908 km||1186 miles||1030 nm||NNE|
|Palikir||Wed 2:40 PM||1930 km||1199 miles||1042 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Wed 3:40 PM||2388 km||1484 miles||1290 nm||SSE|
|Fakaofo||Wed 4:40 PM||2881 km||1790 miles||1556 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Wed 2:40 PM||2940 km||1827 miles||1588 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.