Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, March 16, 2014 at 17:08:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Saturday, March 8, 2014 at 1:28 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, March 16, 2014 at 5:10 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, March 16, 2014 at 17:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.85 meters/second, 1619.5 km/hour, 1006.3 miles/hour or 874.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.77 mi||west||0° 00' 10.2"||0.19 mi||south||16.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 55.5"||1006.20 mi||west||0° 10' 10.2"||11.65 mi||south||1006.24 mi|
|24 hours||10° 57' 24.0"||757.77 mi||east||4° 02' 55.8"||278.20 mi||south||806.20 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jambi||Mon 12:08 AM||81 km||50 miles||44 nm||SW|
|Tanjung Pinang||Mon 12:08 AM||217 km||135 miles||117 nm||NNE|
|Palembang||Mon 12:08 AM||236 km||146 miles||127 nm||SSE|
|Singapore||Mon 1:08 AM||252 km||157 miles||136 nm||N|
|Pangkal Pinang||Mon 12:08 AM||265 km||164 miles||143 nm||ESE|
|Johor Bahru||Mon 1:08 AM||272 km||169 miles||147 nm||N|
|Pekanbaru||Mon 12:08 AM||332 km||207 miles||179 nm||WNW|
|Bengkulu||Mon 12:08 AM||367 km||228 miles||198 nm||SSW|
|Malacca City||Mon 1:08 AM||404 km||251 miles||218 nm||NNW|
|Padang||Mon 12:08 AM||409 km||254 miles||221 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.