Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 at 16:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 91%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, March 16, 2014 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 24, 2014 at 1:47 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 19, 2014 at 16:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.99 meters/second, 1576.8 km/hour, 979.8 miles/hour or 851.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.9"||16.33 mi||west||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||south||16.33 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 57.7"||979.56 mi||west||0° 08' 10.8"||9.37 mi||south||979.35 mi|
|24 hours||12° 16' 32.6"||829.36 mi||east||2° 57' 52.9"||203.82 mi||south||849.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Weipa||Thu 2:46 AM||165 km||103 miles||89 nm||W|
|Port Moresby||Thu 2:46 AM||531 km||330 miles||287 nm||NE|
|Cairns||Thu 2:46 AM||564 km||350 miles||305 nm||SSE|
|Lae||Thu 2:46 AM||743 km||462 miles||401 nm||NNE|
|Jayapura||Thu 1:46 AM||1129 km||702 miles||610 nm||NNW|
|Darwin||Thu 2:16 AM||1360 km||845 miles||735 nm||W|
|Alice Springs||Thu 2:16 AM||1603 km||996 miles||865 nm||SW|
|Manokwari||Thu 1:46 AM||1637 km||1017 miles||884 nm||NW|
|Honiara||Thu 3:46 AM||1844 km||1146 miles||996 nm||E|
|Brisbane||Thu 2:46 AM||1949 km||1211 miles||1052 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.