Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 at 16:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 91%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, March 16, 2014 at 5:09 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 24, 2014 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 19, 2014 at 16:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.99 meters/second, 1576.7 km/hour, 979.7 miles/hour or 851.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.9"||16.33 mi||west||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||south||16.33 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 57.5"||979.55 mi||west||0° 08' 10.8"||9.37 mi||south||979.33 mi|
|24 hours||12° 16' 34.1"||829.38 mi||east||2° 57' 51.0"||203.78 mi||south||849.11 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Weipa||Thu 2:46 AM||136 km||85 miles||74 nm||WSW|
|Port Moresby||Thu 2:46 AM||555 km||345 miles||300 nm||NE|
|Cairns||Thu 2:46 AM||578 km||359 miles||312 nm||SSE|
|Lae||Thu 2:46 AM||759 km||472 miles||410 nm||NE|
|Jayapura||Thu 1:46 AM||1122 km||697 miles||606 nm||NNW|
|Darwin||Thu 2:16 AM||1331 km||827 miles||719 nm||W|
|Alice Springs||Thu 2:16 AM||1585 km||985 miles||856 nm||SW|
|Manokwari||Thu 1:46 AM||1619 km||1006 miles||874 nm||NW|
|Honiara||Thu 3:46 AM||1873 km||1164 miles||1011 nm||E|
|Dili||Thu 1:46 AM||1963 km||1219 miles||1060 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.