Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 at 16:56:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 91%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, March 16, 2014 at 5:09 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 24, 2014 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 19, 2014 at 16:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.94 meters/second, 1576.6 km/hour, 979.6 miles/hour or 851.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.9"||16.33 mi||west||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||south||16.33 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 57.1"||979.52 mi||west||0° 08' 10.1"||9.36 mi||south||979.31 mi|
|24 hours||12° 16' 47.7"||829.62 mi||east||2° 57' 34.1"||203.47 mi||south||849.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Weipa||Thu 2:56 AM||132 km||82 miles||71 nm||E|
|Cairns||Thu 2:56 AM||742 km||461 miles||400 nm||SE|
|Port Moresby||Thu 2:56 AM||785 km||488 miles||424 nm||ENE|
|Lae||Thu 2:56 AM||937 km||582 miles||506 nm||NE|
|Darwin||Thu 2:26 AM||1068 km||664 miles||577 nm||W|
|Jayapura||Thu 1:56 AM||1094 km||680 miles||591 nm||N|
|Alice Springs||Thu 2:26 AM||1440 km||895 miles||777 nm||SSW|
|Manokwari||Thu 1:56 AM||1472 km||915 miles||795 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Thu 1:56 AM||1706 km||1060 miles||921 nm||WNW|
|Brisbane||Thu 2:56 AM||2105 km||1308 miles||1137 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.