Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, March 20, 2014 at 9:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 86%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, March 16, 2014 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 24, 2014 at 1:47 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, March 20, 2014 at 09:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.52 meters/second, 1560.7 km/hour, 969.8 miles/hour or 842.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.9"||16.16 mi||West||0° 00' 07.1"||0.13 mi||South||16.16 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 59.2"||969.53 mi||West||0° 07' 01.2"||8.04 mi||South||969.31 mi|
|24 hours||12° 39' 56.2"||847.90 mi||East||2° 25' 46.1"||167.05 mi||South||859.35 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Thu 4:56 AM||1441 km||896 miles||778 nm||SSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Thu 3:56 AM||2307 km||1434 miles||1246 nm||NE|
|Adamstown||Thu 1:56 AM||2827 km||1757 miles||1526 nm||WSW|
|Lima||Thu 4:56 AM||3086 km||1918 miles||1666 nm||E|
|Quito||Thu 4:56 AM||3362 km||2089 miles||1815 nm||ENE|
|San Jose||Thu 3:56 AM||3592 km||2232 miles||1940 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Thu 3:56 AM||3604 km||2239 miles||1946 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Thu 3:56 AM||3622 km||2251 miles||1956 nm||NNE|
|Managua||Thu 3:56 AM||3635 km||2258 miles||1963 nm||NE|
|Tegucigalpa||Thu 3:56 AM||3754 km||2333 miles||2027 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.