Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, March 20, 2014 at 10:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 86%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, March 16, 2014 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 24, 2014 at 1:47 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, March 20, 2014 at 10:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.26 meters/second, 1559.8 km/hour, 969.2 miles/hour or 842.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.9"||16.15 mi||West||0° 00' 07.0"||0.13 mi||South||16.15 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 55.7"||968.95 mi||West||0° 06' 56.7"||7.96 mi||South||968.73 mi|
|24 hours||12° 41' 16.8"||848.95 mi||East||2° 23' 42.5"||164.69 mi||South||859.95 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Thu 2:56 AM||1565 km||973 miles||845 nm||SW|
|Easter Island *||Thu 5:56 AM||1755 km||1090 miles||947 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Thu 12:56 AM||3185 km||1979 miles||1720 nm||W|
|Galapagos Islands||Thu 4:56 AM||3666 km||2278 miles||1980 nm||ENE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 12:56 AM||4273 km||2655 miles||2307 nm||WSW|
|Mexico City||Thu 4:56 AM||4408 km||2739 miles||2380 nm||NNE|
|Kiritimati||Fri 12:56 AM||4514 km||2805 miles||2437 nm||WNW|
|Guatemala||Thu 4:56 AM||4579 km||2846 miles||2473 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Thu 4:56 AM||4617 km||2869 miles||2493 nm||NE|
|Lima||Thu 5:56 AM||4646 km||2887 miles||2509 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.