Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, March 20, 2014 at 11:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 86%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, March 16, 2014 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 24, 2014 at 1:47 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, March 20, 2014 at 11:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.22 meters/second, 1559.6 km/hour, 969.1 miles/hour or 842.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||16.15 mi||West||0° 00' 07.0"||0.13 mi||South||16.15 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 55.3"||968.86 mi||West||0° 06' 55.8"||7.94 mi||South||968.63 mi|
|24 hours||12° 41' 30.1"||849.12 mi||East||2° 23' 21.6"||164.29 mi||South||860.05 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Thu 3:06 AM||1404 km||872 miles||758 nm||SW|
|Easter Island *||Thu 6:06 AM||1920 km||1193 miles||1036 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Thu 1:06 AM||2929 km||1820 miles||1581 nm||W|
|Galapagos Islands||Thu 5:06 AM||3910 km||2429 miles||2111 nm||ENE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 1:06 AM||4023 km||2500 miles||2172 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 1:06 AM||4273 km||2655 miles||2307 nm||WNW|
|Mexico City||Thu 5:06 AM||4552 km||2829 miles||2458 nm||NE|
|Guatemala||Thu 5:06 AM||4772 km||2965 miles||2577 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Thu 5:06 AM||4816 km||2993 miles||2601 nm||NE|
|Lima||Thu 6:06 AM||4906 km||3048 miles||2649 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.