Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, March 20, 2014 at 11:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 86%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, March 16, 2014 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 24, 2014 at 1:47 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, March 20, 2014 at 11:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.01 meters/second, 1558.8 km/hour, 968.6 miles/hour or 841.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||16.14 mi||West||0° 00' 06.8"||0.13 mi||South||16.14 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 52.3"||968.37 mi||West||0° 06' 52.0"||7.87 mi||South||968.15 mi|
|24 hours||12° 42' 37.1"||849.99 mi||East||2° 21' 37.4"||162.30 mi||South||860.55 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Thu 2:26 AM||852 km||529 miles||460 nm||NW|
|Gambier Islands||Thu 2:56 AM||922 km||573 miles||498 nm||S|
|Adamstown||Thu 3:56 AM||1219 km||757 miles||658 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Thu 1:56 AM||1650 km||1025 miles||891 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 1:56 AM||2777 km||1725 miles||1499 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Thu 6:56 AM||2929 km||1820 miles||1582 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Fri 1:56 AM||3131 km||1945 miles||1691 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Thu 12:56 AM||3807 km||2366 miles||2056 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Fri 1:56 AM||4030 km||2504 miles||2176 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Fri 12:56 AM||4049 km||2516 miles||2186 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.