Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, March 20, 2014 at 4:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 84%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, March 16, 2014 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 24, 2014 at 1:47 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, March 20, 2014 at 16:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 431.77 meters/second, 1554.4 kilometres/hour, 965.8 miles/hour or 839.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.6"||16.10 mi||West||0° 00' 06.4"||0.12 mi||South||16.10 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 35.8"||965.61 mi||West||0° 06' 29.0"||7.43 mi||South||965.38 mi|
|24 hours||12° 49' 01.2"||854.94 mi||East||2° 11' 16.8"||150.45 mi||South||863.46 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Fri 3:46 AM||807 km||502 miles||436 nm||NE|
|Gizo||Fri 3:46 AM||814 km||506 miles||440 nm||N|
|Arawa||Fri 2:46 AM||1011 km||628 miles||546 nm||N|
|Cairns||Fri 2:46 AM||1068 km||664 miles||577 nm||W|
|Port Moresby||Fri 2:46 AM||1127 km||700 miles||609 nm||NW|
|Brisbane||Fri 2:46 AM||1367 km||849 miles||738 nm||S|
|Noumea||Fri 3:46 AM||1371 km||852 miles||741 nm||SE|
|Port Vila||Fri 3:46 AM||1379 km||857 miles||744 nm||ESE|
|Yaren||Fri 4:46 AM||2056 km||1278 miles||1110 nm||NE|
|Sydney *||Fri 3:46 AM||2097 km||1303 miles||1132 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.