Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, March 20, 2014 at 4:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 84%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, March 16, 2014 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 24, 2014 at 1:47 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, March 20, 2014 at 16:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 431.73 meters/second, 1554.2 kilometres/hour, 965.8 miles/hour or 839.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.6"||16.10 mi||West||0° 00' 06.4"||0.12 mi||South||16.10 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 35.2"||965.51 mi||West||0° 06' 28.1"||7.42 mi||South||965.29 mi|
|24 hours||12° 49' 14.3"||855.11 mi||East||2° 10' 54.8"||150.04 mi||South||863.56 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cairns||Fri 2:56 AM||814 km||506 miles||439 nm||WSW|
|Gizo||Fri 3:56 AM||897 km||557 miles||484 nm||NNE|
|Port Moresby||Fri 2:56 AM||927 km||576 miles||501 nm||NW|
|Honiara||Fri 3:56 AM||985 km||612 miles||532 nm||NE|
|Brisbane||Fri 2:56 AM||1338 km||832 miles||723 nm||S|
|Port Vila||Fri 3:56 AM||1632 km||1014 miles||881 nm||ESE|
|Jayapura||Fri 1:56 AM||1976 km||1228 miles||1067 nm||NW|
|Sydney *||Fri 3:56 AM||2057 km||1278 miles||1111 nm||S|
|Alice Springs||Fri 2:26 AM||2225 km||1383 miles||1201 nm||WSW|
|Yaren||Fri 4:56 AM||2228 km||1384 miles||1203 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.