Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, March 20, 2014 at 5:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 84%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, March 16, 2014 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 24, 2014 at 1:47 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, March 20, 2014 at 17:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 431.48 meters/second, 1553.3 kilometres/hour, 965.2 miles/hour or 838.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.6"||16.09 mi||West||0° 00' 06.3"||0.12 mi||South||16.09 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 31.8"||964.95 mi||West||0° 06' 23.2"||7.32 mi||South||964.73 mi|
|24 hours||12° 50' 32.7"||856.12 mi||East||2° 08' 42.8"||147.51 mi||South||864.16 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tennant Creek||Fri 3:26 AM||667 km||414 miles||360 nm||SW|
|Cairns||Fri 3:56 AM||769 km||478 miles||415 nm||ESE|
|Darwin||Fri 3:26 AM||917 km||570 miles||495 nm||WNW|
|Alice Springs||Fri 3:26 AM||1041 km||647 miles||562 nm||SSW|
|Port Moresby||Fri 3:56 AM||1135 km||705 miles||613 nm||NE|
|Jayapura||Fri 2:56 AM||1449 km||900 miles||782 nm||N|
|Dili||Fri 2:56 AM||1625 km||1010 miles||877 nm||WNW|
|Manokwari||Fri 2:56 AM||1697 km||1055 miles||917 nm||NNW|
|Brisbane||Fri 3:56 AM||1984 km||1233 miles||1071 nm||SE|
|Eucla||Fri 2:41 AM||2053 km||1275 miles||1108 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.