Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, March 21, 2014 at 4:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 75%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, March 16, 2014 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 24, 2014 at 1:47 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 21, 2014 at 16:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 426.27 meters/second, 1534.6 kilometres/hour, 953.5 miles/hour or 828.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||15.89 mi||West||0° 00' 04.2"||0.08 mi||South||15.89 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 16.8"||953.28 mi||West||0° 04' 16.2"||4.89 mi||South||953.10 mi|
|24 hours||13° 17' 57.4"||877.11 mi||East||1° 13' 06.3"||83.80 mi||South||878.10 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Vila||Sat 3:56 AM||242 km||151 miles||131 nm||E|
|Luganville||Sat 3:56 AM||257 km||160 miles||139 nm||NNE|
|Noumea||Sat 3:56 AM||523 km||325 miles||282 nm||S|
|Honiara||Sat 3:56 AM||1115 km||693 miles||602 nm||NW|
|Suva||Sat 4:56 AM||1314 km||817 miles||710 nm||E|
|Brisbane||Sat 2:56 AM||1728 km||1074 miles||933 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Sat 4:56 AM||1742 km||1082 miles||940 nm||ENE|
|Yaren||Sat 4:56 AM||1885 km||1171 miles||1018 nm||N|
|Nukualofa||Sat 5:56 AM||2009 km||1248 miles||1085 nm||ESE|
|Cairns||Sat 2:56 AM||2155 km||1339 miles||1164 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.