Moon Light World Map
UTC time = Friday, March 21, 2014 at 10:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 73%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, March 16, 2014 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 24, 2014 at 1:47 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 21, 2014 at 22:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.18 meters/second, 1530.6 km/hour, 951.1 miles/hour or 826.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.0"||15.85 mi||West||0° 00' 03.7"||0.07 mi||South||15.85 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 59.2"||950.82 mi||West||0° 03' 39.0"||4.18 mi||South||950.66 mi|
|24 hours||13° 23' 58.6"||881.75 mi||East||0° 57' 13.5"||65.60 mi||South||881.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Diego Garcia||Sat 4:56 AM||1399 km||869 miles||755 nm||NNW|
|Amsterdam Island||Sat 3:56 AM||2204 km||1370 miles||1190 nm||S|
|Port Louis||Sat 2:56 AM||2308 km||1434 miles||1246 nm||W|
|Saint-Denis||Sat 2:56 AM||2525 km||1569 miles||1364 nm||WSW|
|Male||Sat 3:56 AM||2531 km||1573 miles||1367 nm||NNW|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Sat 4:26 AM||2750 km||1709 miles||1485 nm||N|
|Victoria||Sat 2:56 AM||2989 km||1857 miles||1614 nm||WNW|
|Jakarta||Sat 5:56 AM||3260 km||2026 miles||1760 nm||ENE|
|Antananarivo||Sat 1:56 AM||3356 km||2085 miles||1812 nm||W|
|Kuala Lumpur||Sat 6:56 AM||3389 km||2106 miles||1830 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.