Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, March 26, 2014 at 6:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 21%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 24, 2014 at 1:47 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, March 30, 2014 at 6:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 26, 2014 at 18:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.46 meters/second, 1571.3 km/hour, 976.3 miles/hour or 848.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||16.27 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||North||16.27 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 37.1"||976.18 mi||West||0° 09' 09.2"||10.49 mi||North||976.51 mi|
|24 hours||13° 12' 40.9"||892.91 mi||East||3° 59' 20.5"||274.17 mi||North||939.81 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Wed 8:30 AM||588 km||365 miles||317 nm||S|
|Rarotonga||Wed 8:30 AM||1544 km||959 miles||834 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 8:30 AM||1838 km||1142 miles||992 nm||NNW|
|Alofi||Wed 7:30 AM||2398 km||1490 miles||1295 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Wed 10:30 AM||2407 km||1496 miles||1300 nm||SE|
|Fakaofo||Thu 7:30 AM||2488 km||1546 miles||1343 nm||W|
|Apia *||Thu 8:30 AM||2514 km||1562 miles||1357 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Thu 7:30 AM||2991 km||1859 miles||1615 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Wed 6:30 AM||3371 km||2095 miles||1820 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Thu 6:30 AM||3544 km||2202 miles||1914 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.