Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, March 27, 2014 at 11:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 14%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 24, 2014 at 1:47 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, March 30, 2014 at 6:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, March 27, 2014 at 11:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 440.78 meters/second, 1586.8 kilometres/hour, 986.0 miles/hour or 856.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.0"||16.43 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||North||16.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 08.4"||985.88 mi||West||0° 10' 20.9"||11.86 mi||North||986.20 mi|
|24 hours||13° 00' 37.3"||887.53 mi||East||4° 22' 16.7"||300.39 mi||North||941.53 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Maceió||Thu 8:30 AM||163 km||101 miles||88 nm||W|
|Recife||Thu 8:30 AM||179 km||111 miles||96 nm||NNW|
|Caruaru||Thu 8:30 AM||235 km||146 miles||127 nm||NW|
|Natal||Thu 8:30 AM||426 km||265 miles||230 nm||NNW|
|Salvador||Thu 8:30 AM||599 km||372 miles||323 nm||SW|
|Fernando de Noronha||Thu 9:30 AM||660 km||410 miles||357 nm||NNE|
|Fortaleza||Thu 8:30 AM||797 km||495 miles||430 nm||NW|
|Brasilia||Thu 8:30 AM||1634 km||1015 miles||882 nm||WSW|
|Rio de Janeiro||Thu 8:30 AM||1765 km||1097 miles||953 nm||SSW|
|Belém||Thu 8:30 AM||1810 km||1125 miles||978 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.